|Partisan Presidential Primary Elections.|
Legislative Initiative Amendment.
|Official Title and Summary prepared by the Attorney General|
|Full Text of
|PARTISAN PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY ELECTIONS.|
LEGISLATIVE INITIATIVE AMENDMENT.
- Changes existing open primary law to require closed, partisan primary for purpose of selecting delegates to presidential nominating conventions of national political parties.
- Limits voting for such delegates to voters registered by party affiliation.
- Requires separate partisan ballots for selection of such delegates.
- Restricts voting of such partisan ballots to members of the particular political party.
Summary of Legislative Analyst's
Estimate of Net State and Local Government Fiscal Impact:
- Minor costs to state government.
- Minor costs to county governments statewide.
Argument in Favor of Proposition 3
Rebuttal to Argument in Favor of Proposition 3
Argument Against Proposition 3
Rebuttal to Argument Against Proposition 3
Full Text of Proposition 3