|Tribal-State Gaming Compacts.|
Tribal Casinos. Initiative Statute.
|Official Title and Summary prepared by the Attorney General|
|Full Text of
|TRIBAL-STATE GAMING COMPACTS.|
TRIBAL CASINOS. INITIATIVE STATUTE.
- Specifies terms and conditions of mandatory compact between state and Indian tribes for gambling on tribal land.
- Mandates Governor to sign compact upon request by tribe. Permits alternative compacts only if consistent with prescribed compact.
- Permits gambling devices and lotteries at tribal casinos.
- Amends California law to allow slot machines and banked card games at tribal casinos.
- Provides for contributions to trust funds benefiting nongaming tribes, statewide emergency medical care programs, and programs benefiting communities near tribes, if tribes retain monopoly on authorized gambling.
- Provides for reimbursement of state regulatory costs.
Summary of Legislative Analyst's
Estimate of Net State and Local Government Fiscal Impact:
- Uncertain impact on state and local revenues, depending on the extent of expansion of gambling on Indian lands in California and the amount of gambling diverted from outside the state.
- Fiscal effect could range from little impact on revenues to significant annual increases.
Argument in Favor of Proposition 5
Rebuttal to Argument in Favor of Proposition 5
Argument Against Proposition 5
Rebuttal to Argument Against Proposition 5
Full Text of Proposition 5