|39||SCHOOL FACILITIES. 55% LOCAL VOTE. BONDS, TAXES. ACCOUNTABILITY REQUIREMENTS.|
|Rebuttal to Argument Against|
Rebuttal to Argument Against Proposition 39
Strong accountability and taxpayer protections in 39 and the "special provisions" opponents criticize will:
– Limit how much property taxes can be raised by a local school bond.
– Prohibit using funds for administration or bureaucracy.
– Require citizen watchdog committees.
– Prohibit special elections for enacting these bonds.
NONE OF THESE REFORMS WILL BECOME LAW UNLESS WE PASS PROPOSITION 39!
That's why the California Chamber of Commerce, California Organization of Police and Sheriffs, League of Women Voters of California, California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, California Professional Firefighters, Consumer Federation of California and 200 other community organizations and leaders support 39.
OPPONENTS OF 39 WANT YOU TO BELIEVE ALL THESERESPECTED GROUPS ARE LYING. BUT WHO'S REALLY LYING?
Shame on the Jarvis political committee. They can't make their case with facts so they resort to scare tactics, fear-mongering and misleading statements.AARP California State President Jacqueline N. Antee
Contrary to the Jarvis group, passage of Proposition 39 doesn't raise property taxes, doesn't put a lien on your home and doesn't increase rents. Local voters have the final say in passing school bonds through a tough 55% super-majority vote.California State PTA President Lavonne McBroom
By voting YES on 39, we can:
– Build new classrooms, repair older ones and reduce class size.
– Cut waste and abuses that have taken place in some districts.
– Assure that our children and grandchildren have safe schools in which to learn and prepare for the future.
YES on Proposition 39: fix the way schools spend money AND fix our schools.
ANDREW YSIANO, Immediate Past President
California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
WILLIAM HAUCK, Chairman
California Business for Education Excellence
DAN TERRY, President
California Professional Firefighters
|Analysis by the Legislative Analyst|
|Argument in Favor of Proposition 39|
|Rebuttal to Argument in Favor of Proposition 39|
|Argument Against Proposition 39|
|Rebuttal to Argument Against Proposition 39|