|35||PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS. USE OF PRIVATE CONTRACTORS FOR ENGINEERING AND ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES.|
|Official Title and Summary|
Official Title and Summary Prepared by the Attorney
PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS. USE OF PRIVATE CONTRACTORS FOR ENGINEERING AND ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES.
Initiative Constitutional Amendment and Statute.
– Amends constitution to provide that in the design, development and construction of public works projects, state government may choose to contract with private entities for engineering and architectural services without regard to certain existing legal restrictions which apply to the procurement of other services.
– Specifies that local governments may also choose to contract with private entities for engineering, architectural services.
– Imposes competitive selection process, which permits but does not require competitive bidding, in awarding engineering and architectural contracts.
Summary of Legislative Analyst's Estimate of Net State and Local Government
– Unknown fiscal impact on state spending for architectural and engineering services and construction project delivery. Actual impact will depend on how the state uses the contracting flexibility granted by the proposition in the future.
– Little or no fiscal impact on local governments because they generally can now contract for these services.
|Analysis by the Legislative Analyst|
|Argument in Favor of Proposition 35|
|Rebuttal to Argument in Favor of Proposition 35|
|Argument Against Proposition 35|
|Rebuttal to Argument Against Proposition 35|