Earn Money and Make a Difference...
Serve as a Poll Worker on Election Day!
In addition to gaining first-hand experience with the tools of our democracy, poll workers can earn extra money for their valuable service on Election Day.
You can serve as a poll worker if you are:
- A registered voter, or
- A high school student who:
- is a United States citizen;
- is at least 16 years old at the time you will be serving;
- has a grade point average of at least 2.5; and
- is in good standing at a public or private school.
Contact your county elections office, or call (800) 345-VOTE (8683), for more information on becoming a poll worker.
If you are a state government employee, you can take time off work, without losing pay, to serve as a poll worker if you provide adequate notice to your department and your supervisor approves the request.