The Democratic Party has a proven record of solid leadership on the economy, education, and public safety and has led the effort to reform corporate practices to protect taxpayers and pension funds.
Democrats, together with the leadership of Governor Davis and our Democratic officials, have:
- Increased school accountability, supported teachers and improved public education, resulting in higher test scores
- Supported our law enforcement officers and firefighters with funding for equipment and training
- Passed tough legislation to get assault weapons and Saturday Night Specials off our streets and out of our schools
- Enacted meaningful HMO reform, putting healthcare decisions back in the hands of patients and their doctors
By re-electing Governor Davis and supporting our candidates for statewide office, Congress, and the State Legislature, you will help Democrats continue to fight for:
- Further reductions in violent crime for safer neighborhoods and schools
- Quality public education for all children
- The protection of Social Security and Medicare, adding prescription drug coverage
- Responsible economic stimulation and job security for working families
- Greater environmental protections for future generations
- The protection of a woman's right to choose
- The eradication of hate crimes
Please join us as we work together to continue to build a better California.
SENATOR ART TORRES, (Ret.), Chairman
California Democratic Party
1401-21st Street #100, Sacramento, CA 95814
Statements were supplied by political parties and have not been checked for accuracy by any official agency.