Amidst climate change and historic income inequality, the Green Party stands for green energy and people power. Voting Green means:
- A state bank to invest in California
- Publicly-owned solar and wind energy generation, not nuclear and fossil fuels
- Taking money out of politics through public financing of elections and ending corporate personhood
- Putting people into politics through proportional representation and fair ballot access
- Living wage jobs, affordable housing, legal marriages and single-payer healthcare for all
- Liveable cities, sustainable agriculture, nature protection
- Immigrants rights
- Peace not war
- Instead of cutting funding for schools and clinics, lower workers’ taxes while taxing pollution, carbon and the rich
With enough Greens elected, we'll
- Fully fund K-12 and provide free tuition to public colleges and universities
- Expand employment with new Green jobs
- End the death penalty, amend Three-Strikes, end indefinite detention of Americans without trial
- Keep renters and homeowners secure, reform Proposition 13 to close corporate loopholes
- Cut military spending by at least 50%
- Reduce carbon emissions by at least 40% by 2020 and 95% by 2050.
- Close Diablo Canyon and San Onofre nuclear power plants, create a Solar California
Support Jill Stein, our presidential candidate www.jillstein.org
Occupy your government. Register and Vote Green.
- Green Party of California
- P.O. Box 485
- San Francisco, CA 94104
- (916) 448-3437
The order of the statements was determined by lot.
Statements on this page
were supplied by political parties and have not been checked for accuracy by any official agency.